Improving Your Chances on Online Dating
It is in man’s nature to find his or her partner in life; unless of course the person has made a commitment to the “Single for Life Club”. Some people have a hard time trying to find a partner in their lifetime. Because of their difficulty in finding a partner, they eventually are forced to join for the “Single for Life Club.” Thanks to modern technology, the single people are slowly being driven to extinction. The internet has been able to connect people from all sites of the world to help them find the right person for them. Thanks to the internet a person two people from Tajikistan and Alaska may find love. The internet in a way has given single people a better chance to find the right person. The internet has been able to do these because tons and tons of dating websites have popped up. All of these dating sites aim to help a single person find the right person and connect people from all areas of the world. These dating websites require the single person to create his or her own profile and pay the membership fees. Then the person can now freely surf for the person he or she thinks suits his or her type. In the single person’s part, he or she should learn to write a good profile page. The person’s profile page is like the first impression he or she gives. If you write a stinky profile page, you’ll have the same chance in finding a date in the real world; which is zilch. A person who is hoping to find a date or partner online should learn to properly write his or her profile. Here are some tips to give you a much better chance compared to your real life chances.
1. Try to be witty in your profile. Having a sense of humor in your profile can attract attention. This is not funny when you just write, “I am witty.” It is just pathetic. Try to be creative. Write something like “My mamma wants me out of the house, please take me home with you.”
2. Don’t be negative. Being negative will turn people off. Why would you want to hang out with a person who dampens your day? Don’t write “Just been busted again so I’m looking again.” Be happy and write something cheesy like “looking for the person that could complete me.” Yucky!! Don’t try to be too cheesy, you can think of a better one.
3. Try to avoid using personal adjectives because sometimes they tend to either glorify or degrade you too much. If your mother always told you how smart and handsome you are you may want to rethink the way you describe yourself. Instead try writing things that you like doing. You can also describe what you are doing briefly; unless you have a lousy job like a clown.
4. When writing about the type of person you are looking for, try to be briefly descriptive but still have some vague scope. Here’s a bad example, “I’m looking for a Donald Trump kind of Guy.” This will only attract rich guys or those that wear wigs.
5. Try not to be sexual on dating site’s profiles. If you are trying to be sexual there are other kinds of websites for you. The important thing to remember in creating your profile is try not to like what you don’t want. Instead write what you are looking for. Another important thing to remember in online dating is that since it gives you more chances to find a date, it will also give you more chances that the date could be a dud. That’s why when relying on online dating sites, you should have a very open mind.